Be an Employer of Choice! (HR & Managers)
- Introduction and Definitions
- Disability Awareness Review
- Accessing the Hidden Employee -Outreach Strategies
- “Screening In” vs. “Screening Out” – Good & Bad Job Ads
- Introduction to Accommodation -The Interview
- Recognizing Talent -Identifying Skills That Aren’t on Paper
- Recognizing Workplace Barriers: Internal Assessment
- Cost Effective Strategies
- Accommodation: The Workplace
- Integration into the Office Culture
- Preparing Your Staff : Avoiding Co-Worker Resentment
- When New Issues Arise:
- When an Established Employee Encounters a New Disability
This course will enable you to:
- To provide a common sense, dignity based learning experience that encourages participants to be more comfortable when communicating with clients or co-workers living with disabilities.
- To provide a humorous, interactive, down to earth learning experience that engages participants and motivates in the participant a lifelong learning approach to problem solving in the context of employment and disability.
- To provide a learning experience that addresses the unique needs of each individual client through application of a series of steps that ensure a one-of-a-kind module is successfully designed and delivered.
- To provide HR Professionals and Managers specific information on how to “screen in” instead of “screen out” when reviewing employment applications.
- To provide specific information on accommodation in support of clients with all types of disabilities.
- To provide specific information on; good and bad job ads, interviews, accommodation and managing co-worker issues – in support of sustainable employment for persons with disabilities.
- To provide tools on how to perform an environmental/workplace assessment in support of an accessible workplace for employees with disabilities (new or old).
- To address clients specific requirements for dissemination of Disability Awareness Training by providing both live and e-learning options that ensure a “best practices” approach to new knowledge delivery.
- To provide a learning experience that supports removal of societal & attitudinal barriers re: employment for persons with disabilities.
To learn more about this course, or to arrange a booking, contact us today!